Sunday 21 June 2009

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

Sunday again, and I'm swimming up through a creeping hangover to share the following with you...

1. Thank heavens my sis can only be 40 once.
2. Champagne is the devil's work.
3. Chocolate does not help undo the damage those innocent looking clear bubbles can cause, even it is from The Chocolate Alchemist and is arguably the most delicious that I have ever - EVER - tasted.
4. It's time for another British Mummy Blogger of the Week
5. It's very lucky that I gave this some thought before yesterday's champagne-fest began...

Now, how often since your children arrived have you taken time out? And I don't mean grabbed 5 minutes to sit down with a cup of tea and the crossword. This week's Mummy Blogger of the Week, Melissa at More to Life Than Laundry writes:

'My new year resolution for 2009 was to make time for me. This might sound easy, but as a mum to two young boys aged 3 and 5, a wife doing the normal household juggling and a ‘mumpreneur’ running a demanding business, time for me hasn’t been something I’ve had much of in the last five years.'

Have a look here to see what she decided to do...

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but we're not fussy. Dads can be members too!)

5 comments:

  1. I'm off now to have a browse ... thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it that the champagne has to be of really good quality to avoid the hangover? or that the chocolate has to be of a better one to fix it? never can remember! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, a pleasure!

    RM, well, I think it was less to do with the quality of the champagne and more to do with the quantity...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much!! After the weekend I've had (see other blog http://homeofficemum.blogspot.com for those delightful details) being blogger of the week has pulled me back from the brink. Am very jealous of your champagne and chocolate extravaganza

    ReplyDelete
  5. H.O.M, it was great. Although I did question the wisdom of it on Sunday...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...