Monday 24 August 2009

The regrettably delayed British Blogging Mummy of the Week

So, we're home. And I would just like to say that I hope there is a special type of hell reserved for those who allocate planes to flights and who scheduled a particular flight between Moscow and London NOT to have seat-back tv screens. And then decided that the most suitable film to show on the overhead screens should have 'adult' content. In addition to a feature-length version of Doctor Who (now renamed 'Dr Cool' by Boy #1), who up until this point hadn't seen it but who is now probably having nightmares about cybermen as we speak. Nice. Thanks a lot, Mr Scheduler.

But therein lies another post...

In the meantime, however, I'm late - again - with this week's British Blogging Mummy of the Week. So sorry... But I hope you'll forgive me if you get the chance to read this week's pick. I waffle, I know it, so when I find a blogger who is trained to write and is able to be short and to the point, using only 3 paragraphs when I would need 10 to do the same job, I'm a fan.

This week's blogger, Susie Mesure at Babies Who Brunch, writes of herself:

'I'm a budding newspup trying to carve out my own little niche in the blogosphere. I'm just back from living in DC for six months where I had fun blogging about history as it happened. After the excitement of Obama's victory, Gordon Brown's tribulations just aren't doing it for me so I'm giving politics a miss for a while. Luckily there is plenty more to write about.'

I particularly liked her confession of how she found herself becoming one of 'those' mums. You know. The competitive ones that we all diss until we find ourselves doing it too...

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too)

1 comment:

Go on - you know you want to...