Sunday 15 November 2009

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

Yesterday evening Husband and I went to a benefit for Ovarian Cancer Action, which amongst other things featured a short and informative film about the disease, and which I hope to put on this blog in the near future. The evening also featured some burlesque dancers. I'll post about my reaction to that another time, but whatever you think about burlesque, I think you'll agree that as an entertainment it's not one you would normally encounter on a Saturday night out...

Unsurprisingly then, Husband and I were discussing it this morning. Boy #1 overheard the word 'dancers' and this is what followed...

Boy #1: "Did you say there were dancers there yesterday night?"

Me: "Yes, there certainly were."

Boy #1: "What were they wearing?" (I think he was expecting me to say 'tutu's' or similar).

Me: "Not very much, actually."

Boy #1: "What! You couldn't see their... their..." (uses his hands to indicate his upper half)

Me: "Do you mean bras?"

Boy #1: "Yes! Yes! Could you see their...(takes a deep breath) bras?"

Me (deciding to limit the amount of information that I give him and that for the purposes of protecting his 6 year old mind, in this instance nipple tassles could be referred to as bras) "Yes, you could."

Boy #1: "Really? Really? I'm glad I wasn't there. I would have been terrified!"

Me: (sotto voce) "Much like your father, I imagine..."


And now for something completely different...


This week's Mummy Blogger of the Week writes of herself:

'Voracious reader, reluctant runner, failed dog discipliner, kitchen experimenter, non-clearer-upper. Punching well above my weight sartorially. Rarely, if ever, stumped for an opinion - believe this to be a Good Thing.'

Mon Avis, Mes Amis is an entertaining mix of anecdotes, dog-training, reminiscences and historical titbits and I recommend you check out her account of finding herself slap bang in the midst of all children's nightmares; that of being the daughter of the geography teacher...


To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too).

4 comments:

  1. Potty - how very kind of you and what a treat to find your blog. Thanks very much indeed for the honour!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's very funny, I could almost see the blushes! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afraid! How funny. Keep it that way for a while. Reminds me of the time the Little Guy asked if he could come into my bedroom (when he knew I was getting dressed). "I won't laugh at your boobs". Oh thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do LOVE boys specially little ones. Hope daddy wasn't too frightened...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...