Sunday 29 November 2009

British Mummy Blogger of the Week

I'm distracted, I have to admit it. I have a travelling Husband, here only a couple of days a week. A younger son who has recently discovered the power of a whine delivered at top shouty volume, and who has forgotten how to use the words 'please' and 'thankyou'. An older son who is (I am delighted to say) discovering the joy of reading, which is great, but which does currently involve a lot of interaction from me. Plus, of course, day to day life, and a move to Moscow in the next few weeks.

Overall then, I suppose I should be grateful that in a rare and completely out of character moment of organisation, I've stockpiled a list of contenders for British Mummy Blogger of the week. On the flip side, admitting this does imply - correctly - that I've not had the chance to check through the most recent joiners, but I promise I'll get to you, I promise...

This week's Mummy Blogger of the Week, Kitty Moore, writes of her blog and herself;

'Love and life as a single mother. I created it to share my experiences - I know I'm not the only one! Film professional turned writer. Doing my best to juggle everything.'

I loved her tale of haruanging a poor hapless official at London Bridge when her train was cancelled, and her ongoing tale of getting involved with a man of whom her mother would definitely not approve. It's not your normal mummy blog fare - and I'm hooked.

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too).

8 comments:

  1. I'm honoured! Thank you. It is wonderful to be part of such a lovely blogging community.

    Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to Kitty. I'm off to read her work.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! Thanks.

    I cam all the way over here expecting to see your new diggs... where are they? Liz???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just off to take a peek. Sympathies re teh lack opf please and thank you Bog Boy is doing it too.. maybe it's a phase or just because they can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kitty and gotta say PM, I love your new look. It's looking gorgeous :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw Almost Mrs Average's comment and darted back to take a look as I got concerned that I obviously hadn't noticed the new look, which of course wasn't there when I commented earlier - actually all I wanted to say is: It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty, a pleasure, really. Can't wait to read your next post!

    CJ, thanks!

    Modern, just a tad too early - but they're up now!

    TW - I'm hoping that it's just a phase - but am not holding my breath. And glad you like my new look...

    Karen, thankyou! I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely ghorgeous dahling! That colour does wonders for you, whonders.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...