Friday 29 April 2011

Today, I am mostly...

...feeling a little bit sad that I'm not in London, to be honest.

I didn't expect it. I wish William and Kate all the best and everything, but really this whole Royal Wedding thing has pretty much washed over me.

Until today.

When I rolled up at the school with the kids in tow and saw the Principle dressed for a wedding whilst greeting the children at the main entrance to the school, I admit it all seemed a little over the top and I headed off to the supermarket without giving it a second thought.

But at a friend's house this afternoon, watching as William and Harry traveled to the cathedral, quite literally brothers in arms; seeing the crowds waving their Union Jacks and the London bobbies cheerfully shepherding them around; and anticipating the happy couple's first publicly married kiss, there's just one thought on my mind.

God, I would love to be Home right now.

Turns out I'm not dining on humbug today, after all.

7 comments:

  1. Ah! Just had the planes all fly over my home but otherwise I'm glad to be watching on telly. Front row seats! Don't think you're missing that much! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it on television with my domestic help. I couldn't have had a better view. I'm glad I wasn't down on the streets of London. I only would have caught a glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same. Would love to be there, having a wild party and public holiday. Instead of which, it's all over by 9am and a normal day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how these things can catch you unawares. I felt so proud to be British today, and I never felt that when I lived in Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt exactly the same, in fact even blogged about it yesterday too! Its funny as Lota said I never feel British ever until yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it, celebrated in the British Embassy with the Ambassador & all the othe rTirana based Brits. Had a street party, G&Ts on tap, raffle with Walkers shortbread, tea in tins, a union jack cushion, marmalade & sherry as prizes. Was a cool way to celebrate the day. If I'd been in England prob wd have just been at hme watching on telly. And yes I also felt proud to be British, as I said we do 'pomp & circumsatcne' so well. My husband's version was: 'that's quite some project management!'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I felt the same way. We watched it over here in Ireland, but I was talking to a friend that had walked the route the night before the wedding and they said the atmosphere - even then - was utterly amazing. Let's face it, we're bloody ace at throwing a party! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...