Sunday 26 February 2012

And the answer - if you're remotely interested - is...

...not Switzerland, Bulgaria (although not a bad guess), Bosnia, Macedonia, Monte Negro, Slovenia or Serbia.

No, the city pictured in this post was Tblisi (pronounced 'Bilisi' by the locals, apparently), the ski resort was Gudauri and the country as a whole? Georgia.

And somewhere between leaving on holiday a week ago and getting home this evening I seem to have acquired a spare tire made exclusively of Khachapuri...


7 comments:

  1. I had never thought of Georgia. There are so many new countries now that are still a mystery to me. I hsve to learn geography all over again. I'm glad you had a good time. Sorry to hear about the spare tire. You'll have to exercise it away. No more chocolate and cheddar cheese for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did want to know! Georgia - always on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing, and the kachapuri looks positively dangerous. If you haven't heard of Zaggora or our signature product, HotPants, before, we hope you'll check us out at www.zaggora.com - we love to connect with bloggers and hear their stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, didn't even know there were ski resorts in Georgia. Thanks for enlightening us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I never would have got that! I think I guessed Bulgaria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irene, sadly so true...

    Tattie, though I suspect the writer of that song had a different destination in mind!

    Zaggora, it is. A whole kilo of dangerous, dammit.

    NVG, neither did I, really, before we planned the trip.

    MoaT, you did - which was probably the closest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew, but didn't want to spoil it. Sounds like FSU's only Mediterranean outpost did you proud and you had a lovely time. So pleased! Good to have you back now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...