Wednesday 20 May 2015

The Photo Gallery 231: Landscape

This post is for Wk 231 of Tara's Photo Gallery over at Sticky Fingers (click here to see the other entries).  The prompt this week is 'Landscape'.

At the beginning of last year, we were lucky enough to visit New Zealand; what a magnificent place.

I've been fortunate in my life and have travelled through all sorts of interesting landscapes, but I have to say that New Zealand currently holds top billing for me - and here are a couple of examples why...

Lake Gunn, Fiordland National Park, South Island















Mitre Peak at Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park, South Island















The view from Te Mata Peak, North Island















The mountains behind Kaikoura, South Island















A geyser pool at Rotorua, North Island (and no - those are not my children swimming in it...)
















I could go on, but I think you may have got the picture by now...



Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery

15 comments:

  1. So so so so jealous. The one place I would absolutely love to go and take my kids to see is New Zealand. It looks simply stunning and a photographer's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is all I can say - I would so love to visit New Zealand. It just doesn't seem like a real place. It's so beautiful and wild. I love it. Thanks for sharing these! #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, they all look like such amazingly beautiful places. I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is, Tara. I could have gone on - and on - and on - with those photographs. Well worth every mile we travelled to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou AA - it's one of my favourite places in the world and am just marking time until the day we can visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were really lucky to go, I know that. Only problem now is - I desperately want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend there... May be time for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks AMAZING! Definitely on the 'to visit' list! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photos! What a beautiful country. I hope to get there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to go to New Zealand. It looks incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading your blog from New Zealand x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful collection of landscapes from a wonderful country xx #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
  13. mummyslittlemonkey25 May 2015 at 23:44

    Oooh, you went to my homeland! Did you see my sister? She has dark hair, and her name's Kirsten. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. We were there at the start of last year as well. We probably stood next to each other at Rotorus without realising.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post seems to have disappeared but it was in my feed. Just wanted to say I sympathise - my daughter never did end up practising the violin yesterday... I gave up.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...